If you live in Miami Dade County, property crime is something you’re likely all too familiar with. More than 45% of Florida homeowners must consider filing a burglary or vandalism claim with their insurance company. If you’ve experienced a burglary or vandalism, don’t be frantic. You are not alone. Your Insurance Attorney is the property damage lawyer Miami residents trust to handle their theft or vandalism insurance claim. Let us guide you through the difficult process of mending your life after a property crime. We want to maximize the amount you receive from your insurance provider so you can adequately replace lost items or repair your property.
What to Do When You Discover a Theft or Vandalism
- Call 9-1-1 if the suspect is in your home. Do not enter your home until it is safe to do so.
- Call the police and file a police report.
- Create a detailed list of any damaged, vandalized or stolen property.
- Immediately document the damage or loss with photos and videos. Don’t discard any damaged items or structures. An adjuster may use this in the future.
- Contact your insurance company and report the claim.
- Call the property damage lawyer Miami locals know will get them the maximum value for their claim at Your Insurance Attorney
- Complete any emergency repairs necessary to protect your home from further damage. Broken windows need to be replaced. Fix any damaged door locks. Always keep your receipts for any expenses you incur during this emergency repair period.
- Compile any records you have of damaged or stolen items. If you have photos of the property before it was lost or vandalized, copies of original purchase receipts, or at least descriptions of where and when the items were purchased and how much you initially spent, it can all help you with your claim.
Filing a Theft or Vandalism Insurance Claim
When you file a property damage claim be sure you have a property damage lawyer Miami relies on. Insurance companies may attempt to pay you as little as possible for your loss or look for reasons to deny your claim. You will need an experienced attorney by your side to protect you from being taken advantage of. Your Insurance Attorney has handled more than 10,000 insurance claims. We’ve recovered over $100,000,000 for our clients.
Your insurance provider will investigate your claim. First, they will need to verify your claim and find out what coverage you have available under your policy. You’ll need to submit evidence of your loss or damages. Finally, they will estimate a settlement minus any deductible, and you will choose how you receive payment. Your Insurance Attorney will help every step of the way.
Having to prove you were robbed or vandalized can be traumatic. It’s difficult enough to lose valuable and most likely priceless items and have your home destroyed. Let Your Insurance Attorney assist you with your theft or vandalism insurance claim in Miami Dade County. We will ensure the process goes as smoothly as possible. Call us today.