Do you know the difference between an excellent attorney and a bad one? You see the ads on TV all the time and hear the catchy chimes on the radio, however, do you know if these attorneys are really worth the money? The professionals at Your Insurance Attorney is here to make sure you can spot the difference between a good a bad lawyer. When it comes to lawyers near me, we are the ones to trust.
Things to Look For from the Best Insurance Lawyer Near Me
Choosing the perfect attorney for your case is a very important step. You’re trusting them to represent you legally, and no matter what type of case you have, you need to know that they’re going to do everything in their power to represent you well. The last thing you want is to decide on an attorney, only to find that they don’t know what they’re doing, or they’re just looking to take your money.
Consider This For Lawyers Near Me
- The absolute best way to tell a good attorney from a bad one is to determine how quickly they respond to your calls and emails. A quality attorney will have your best interests at heart and will remain available to answer your questions as they come up. If you find yourself dealing with your attorney’s secretary more than you talk with your actual attorney, there’s likely an issue. Choose an attorney who talks to you directly and makes time for your case.
- Quality attorneys don’t miss deadlines. One of the biggest red flags out there is an attorney who misses a deadline. Lawyers, for all specialties and practice areas, should be well organized and on top of paperwork. In fact, missing a court filing deadline can seriously impact the outcome of your case, which is why you should drop any attorney who misses a deadline, immediately.
- A good attorney will give you an idea of what to expect from your case, in general terms. A bad attorney will promise you, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you’ll win the case. Be very wary of anyone who promises you a certain outcome, as they’re likely just looking to make the sale. A quality attorney might tell you that you have a really good chance, but they’ll never promise you the win because they know they can’t always predict the actions of others.
- Always ask for references. A quality attorney won’t mind handing you a list of people they’re confident will represent their work well. If you get any flack for asking for references, it might be a good time to find someone else. Anyone who’s looking to hide their past work isn’t going to be a trustworthy attorney.
- It’s good to remember that when it comes to experience, quantity still isn’t necessarily better than quality. Choose an attorney who specializes in whatever case you’re bringing up. There are so many fields of law that it’s impossible for an attorney to be perfect in every area of law, from crime to civil suits to maritime law.
- Clear Billing Practices
- Be wary of attorneys who offer rock-bottom prices, as they may be hiding fees, or they might just not be that good. Shop around and get an idea of a few different attorney’s fees, so you can judge who is charging too much and who are charging too little. It’s best to get a printed or written and signed copy of your attorney’s billing practices, so you know exactly what you’ll be charged for, and at what price points. It’s good to note that there are fees that come up in the process of a trial, but if your attorney has outlined how they handle those sorts of fees upfront, then there won’t be any questions when you get the bill at the end of your case.
- Ask Questions
- Finally, before you hire an attorney, make sure you ask them at least a few questions. Most attorneys offer a free initial case evaluation, and it’s in your best interest to use it. Ask them what they think of your case, how much time you can expect them to devote to your case, who will be working directly on your case, and any other question you can think of. If you don’t like their answers, or if you don’t really seem to get along well, know that there are no strings with an initial case evaluation, and you’re still free to seek someone else.
Call Our Insurance Lawyer Near Me
Make sure you are fully informed when it comes to choosing the best lawyers near me. You never know when you may need one. If your home has been damaged through some type of water damage, you have likely filed a claim with your insurance company. This can often take quite a bit of time, and some insurance claims even get denied or paid insufficiently, which is unsatisfying and can seem unfair. As an insurance lawyer locals trust, we don’t sit around waiting to see how your insurance company is going to help you, we talk directly with them and let them know what exactly you are entitled to. Best of all you incur no fees unless you win! Call our property damage lawyer Miami today for more information. We are located in Miami-Dade County, so you will not need to google the phrase “insurance lawyer near me.”